2018 April/May/June Update:
As you know, most of the year I publish 2 to 3 articles a day.
However, every year during convention season, I take a break from that to go full swing CosPlay.
From early April 2018 to late June 2018, article posting schedule will be sporadic, while CosPlay Season and Convention events are going full swing.
During this time period, you can expect most, possible all new articles to be focused on costume making, CosPlay, and the characters I'm CosPlaying.
It's now divided into 7 pages. The primary page "Meet Avallach" is now over 20,000 words long. At this rate, it'll cross 60,000 long before the costume is finished, and that's not including the other 5 pages. The primary page has now crossed 60,000 words and counting, the whole set of Avallac'h pages are now more than 200,000 words long, and more then 500 pictures of Avallac'h and his friends have now been uploaded on these pages, plus there are now 400+ hour-long videos f the costume making process as we record live, every second of this insanely elaborate, over the top CosPlay project.
As of May 19, just 29 days to PortCon we are embroidering his blue coat in a countdown against the clock to finish in time for the event, while we pray that The Dazzling Razzberry will be re-weilded back together and drivable in time for PortCon, after it's recent vandalism by Old Orchard Beach's ever growing Ku Klux Klan problem.
There will still be daily updates, but the BULK of the daily updates will be limited to the pages linked here:
- The Avallac'h CosPlay: Who is Avallac'h?
- Obsession: Meet Avallac'h
- [NSFW] Avallac'h & His Nude Women | Witcher 3 Game Screenshots
- Historical Accuracy vs Avallac'h (to go live later this summer)
- The Avallac'h CosPlay Costume Making Vlogs (will go live AFTER finishing the costume)
- How To Make The Avallac'h CosPlay (will go live AFTER PortCon)
- How Much Did It Cost? ($800+ will run to around $3,000) Budgeting The Avallac'h CosPlay (eing written as the costume is being made, will go live after completion of the costume)
- Why do children CosPlay rapists & rape victims? & WHY Avallac'h is a M18+ character.
- PortConMaine 2018
- On Being a Handicapped CosPlayer: A Look At Events of PortConMaine 2017 That Resulted In 3 Disabled CosPlayers Getting hurt at The Convention and How These Things Could Have Been Avoided
Are Erotica Sales Down Since June (2015)?
EelKat on Kindle Publishing
Ads by Share-a-Sale
[quote='[Justin];10422727']I read something about a month ago saying that Playboy went from 5,000,000 subscribers down to 800,000 subscribers because of free porn, so now Playboy is going to actually stop doing full nudity and start having classier pics that leave something to the imagination. So, the Adult industry is definitely being affected but of course there's always going to be people making mad money in it.[/quote]
Yes. Playboy made an announcement saying that they were shifting out of porn and into other things as a way to stay afloat, because of their recent loss of sales.
[quote=JulianC;10419033]I've recently been lurking on GFY.com (the adult industry forums).
A lot of disillusioned folks over there claiming porn is dead - courtesy of tube sites.
The money has shifted more into live cams and dating sites over the last 5+ years. (But even those aren't doing as well as they used to).
But surely- the market of horny people is just as large as ever?! There must be a way to monetize that thirst.
I write porn & erotica and sell them on Amazon. I'm friends with about 30 other authors of it, and know via social media about 3,000 other authors of it. Here's what I've personally seen:
- you could sell porny stories on Amazon at a rate of $1 a page
- - I had a 74 pager - yes, people DID buy it with a $74 cover price
- most authors sold it for $7.99 for 10 page stories.
- $24 for collections of 5 ten page stories
- Most authors sold it for $4.99 for 10 page stories.
- $7.99 for collections of 5 ten page stories
- (Authors could see as much at $10k a week, though most averaged $1,000 a week)
- Most authors sold it for $2.99 for 10 - 30 page stories.
- $7.99 for collections of five 10 - 30 page stories
- (Authors could see as much at $30k a week, though most averaged $4,000 a week)
- Most authors ARE CURRENTLY selling for .99 for 50 page stories.
- $2.99 for collections of three 50 page stories
- AND are struggling to make sales
- MOST Erotica authors in have reported averaging UNDER $100 a week in 2015 (before June) and have had to take on part time jobs.
After June 015:
- Since Amazon made drastic changes to how they paid authors (in June 2015)
- MOST Erotica authors (even those who a month ago were earning $10,000 a week) ARE CURRENTLY reporting averaging UNDER $10 a week since June 2015 and have had to take on full time jobs.
Why the change?
In the case of Amazon, in 2010 Amazon had a 18+ Adult Only section.
In 2012 Amazon added Google Adds to their site and was immediately blacklisted by Google's Panda.
To get the Amazon website re-indexed on Google, Google DEMANDED Amazon remove the adult section, so Amazon deleted the entire section, books and all. Thousands of Por authors had their accounts banned from Amazon in the process.
In October 2013, Google decided it did not like Monster Porn and un indexed every site on the net offering it for sale - including Amazon once again. Amazon responded by deleting all Monster Porn off it's site and banning author accounts.
In February 2014, Google decided it didn't like BDSM and un indexed every site on the net offering it for sale - including Amazon, yet again. Amazon responded by deleting all Hard Core BDSM off it's site (allowing Vanilla BDSM look-alikes like 50 Shades) and banning author accounts.
In June 2014 Amazon rolled out Kindle Unlimited, a program that paid authors a huge royalty every time someone read 10% of their book, and authors gamed the system by flooding Amazon with 10 page porn - every time some one looked at the front cover, without even opening the book, it counts as 10% read in a 10 page book.
In March 2015 - Amazon sent an email out to authors requesting them to please remove all books under 5,000 words long ( Amazon counts 311 words per page so a 10 page book is only 3,110 words long) and stating that Amazon would begin reviewing all books under 50 pages before allowing publication. Ending to say that if authors did not stop publishing "Scamlettes" (Amazon's term) that they would be forced to change the KU payout system
In June 2015 Amazon did as they threatened and changed the payout system (which now pays .0003c per page read and authors require readers to READ a whopping 500+ pages in order to earn $1 now.
So, I can't speak for other areas of the adult industry and why sales are down, but I know why sales are down on the segment of the industry I' working in.
Ads by Google